2019 Overtime Rules
- If a game is tied at the completion of three periods of play, additional overtime periods of the same length as the first three periods of the game (16 or 17 minutes) will be played.
- The first team to score a goal will be the winner. A 1-minute intermission will be provided at the end of every odd numbered period.
- Teams will change ends of the ice at the beginning of each period, including overtimes:
- Periods 1, 3, 5 (2nd OT period), 7 (4th OT period) will skate in the same direction (“short change”).
- Periods 2, 4 (1st OT period), 6 (3rd OT period) will skate in the same direction (“long change”).
- Ice cuts: will be made after every two periods of play: after periods 2, 4 (1st OT period), 6 (3rd OT period). A 15-minute intermission will allow teams to retire to their respective locker rooms during the ice cut.
- Ice Slots: will be 105 minutes to allow for the additional ice cut between 2nd and 3rd periods; double-header games will start 120 minutes (2 hours) apart.